- The End of CannibellesPosted 2 months ago
- Taxidermy Livens Up Cress Funeral HomePosted 4 months ago
- Giant Spider Stolen and ScrappedPosted 5 months ago
- Washington County Paranormal Available NowPosted 1 year ago
- Maribel Caves Hotel HellPosted 2 years ago
- Night of the Living Dead: The Puppet ShowPosted 2 years ago
- Dartford Cemetery HauntingPosted 3 years ago
Dartford Cemetery Haunting
Local legend says the Dartford Cemetery in Green Lake, WI (map) which was featured on the Discovery Channel show A Haunting, is haunted by the ghosts of an Indian chief, whose creepy headstone has now become infamous, Civil War soldiers, and children who died from polio.
The old pioneer cemetery gets it’s name from the original village of Dartford, which became Green Lake, WI. The graves date back to the early pioneers from the 1800′s.
Other strange things said to happen include dark shadowy figures, strange noises, orbs, grave stones changing or vanishing, and the sensation of being followed or watched.
But the main attraction to locals and legend trippers is the old mausoleum. It is said that if you sit on the roof of the mausoleum, a ghost will push you off.
The story behind the Indian Chief is that he ruled and lived in the Green Lake/Princeton area, and he drowned in the Fox River during an attempt to cross it while drunk.
Apparently, until recently with the airing of A Haunting, most Green Lake locals had never heard of ghosts or anything supernatural happening in the cemetery. Children regularly put flowers on the graves of the soldiers buried near the mausoleum.
Also featured on A Haunting was the haunting of Summerwind in Land O Lakes, WI and the legend of Witch Road in Rosendale, WI.